Gentle Tooth Extractions Lexington, KY
At Garden Springs Dental, our goal is to provide you with all the treatments you need for a healthy smile that lasts a lifetime. If something goes wrong, we will make every effort to find a solution that will restore the tooth to full health. However, in some cases, a tooth is so severely damaged that extraction may be our only option.
Facing tooth extraction can be intimidating, but we want you to know that we are here for you. Our entire team works together to support and encourage you throughout the procedure. We will answer all your questions beforehand and do everything we can to ensure that you feel safe and comfortable.
Dr. Christopher Davis and Dr. Gregory Edens are highly skilled and experienced in performing tooth extractions and other minor oral surgeries, and this experience helps them make your procedure more comfortable and efficient. They put your needs first and go out of their way to make your procedure as stress-free and uncomplicated as possible.
Reasons for Extracting a Tooth
There are many reasons why we may need to remove a tooth. Some common oral health problems that might make tooth extraction necessary are:
- Advanced tooth decay: An untreated cavity can severely damage a tooth, making it impossible to save with a filling or crown.
- Root canal infection: Advanced tooth decay is often the cause of a root canal infection. The biggest problem with a severe root canal infection is not the pain. Untreated root canal infections damage the tissues that supply the tooth with nourishment and cause the tooth to die, making extraction necessary.
- Advanced gum disease: Untreated gum disease can infect and severely damage the tooth and gums to the point that extraction is our only option for protecting your overall oral health.
- Dental trauma: A dental injury may be the result of an accident or sports event. Depending on the nature and extent of the damage, extraction may be necessary. Even an injury that causes only slight damage can become a serious problem if left untreated.
- Broken tooth: Extensive tooth decay, injuries, or large fillings compromise a tooth and can cause it to break. We can often save a broken tooth, but our doctors may need to extract it if too much of the tooth is lost and we can't restore it.
In the majority of cases, we can perform your extraction here at our Lexington dental office. However, we may refer problems like impacted wisdom teeth to a specialist who is best equipped to handle complex procedures.
We Put Your Comfort First
Your complete comfort is our priority. We understand how stressful the thought of extraction may be for you. Our team values the trust you place in us to handle a procedure like extraction, and we want you to feel safe and secure. Our exceptional team works together to make sure you are comfortable and your procedure is as efficient as possible.
If you need additional help to relax, we are pleased to offer the calming benefits of nitrous oxide. This safe, gentle, short-term sedation helps you relax while we perform your procedure. You will feel calm and slightly euphoric as long as we administer the gas, but as soon as we are finished, you’ll feel the effects wear off immediately.
Please Call Our Lexington, KY Dentists for an Appointment
If you’re not sure if you need an extraction, please call our office as soon as possible. You deserve a healthy, vibrant smile, and we will be happy to arrange a consultation to discuss your options.