Invisible Braces in Lexington, KY
Are you considering orthodontic treatment?
If so, you may have already decided that you don’t want to go through years of uncomfortable treatment, and you certainly don’t want brackets and wires on your teeth.
At Garden Springs Dental, we are pleased to offer our patients healthy, beautiful results with removable ClearCorrect invisible braces. Our goal is to provide you with services that improve your oral health and your appearance without disrupting your life.
ClearCorrect treats a variety of alignment issues and has none of the inconvenience of treatment with brackets and wires. If you’re interested in orthodontics, call our Lexington dental office at (859) 277-1189 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Davis or Dr. Edens.
- How can I straighten my teeth without metal braces?
- What types of alignment problems does ClearCorrect fix?
- What are the benefits of ClearCorrect?
- Will ClearCorrect aligners work for me?
- What is the ClearCorrect process?
- Why should I straighten my crooked teeth?
- How comfortable are clear braces?
- What are ClearCorrect aligners made of?
- How long does treatment take with ClearCorrect?
- Will I need to wear a retainer after invisible braces?
How can I straighten my teeth without metal braces?
If you’d like to fix your crooked or gapped teeth but don’t want to wear distracting, bulky braces, you’ll be excited to learn about clear aligners. This discreet and comfortable system for straightening teeth meets the needs of adults with busy lifestyles!
Also known as invisible braces, ClearCorrect corrects mild-to-moderate teeth misalignment and gaps without anyone ever noticing. You can even enjoy your favorite foods with ClearCorrect, because you remove the aligners to eat.
Although many people want straighter teeth to enhance their appearance, straight teeth without gaps are also better for your oral health. You’ll experience less wear on your teeth, easier oral hygiene, and better jaw health by taking advantage of adult orthodontics in Lexington.
What types of alignment problems does ClearCorrect fix?
ClearCorrect invisible braces can fix mild-to-moderate alignment issues, such as:
- Crooked teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Overbite or underbite
Call our Lexington dental office to schedule an orthodontic consultation with Dr. Davis or Dr. Edens. We’ll evaluate your needs and discuss both your oral health and cosmetic goals.
What are the benefits of ClearCorrect?
As an adult, you would probably like to keep your orthodontic treatment to yourself. ClearCorrect is a system of crystal-clear aligner trays that gently move your teeth into proper alignment.
There are many good reasons to choose ClearCorrect over brackets-and-wire orthodontics:
- Comfort – ClearCorrect custom aligners are made of a smooth plastic that won’t irritate sensitive mouth tissue.
- Convenience – For best results, you must wear your aligners for at least 22 hours a day, but you can remove them for eating, brushing, and flossing.
- Short Treatment Time – With ClearCorrect, we can help you achieve the results you desire in an average of 12 to 18 months, depending on your individual needs.
- Appearance – Since the aligners are virtually invisible, ClearCorrect lets you improve your smile discreetly. If you're researching clear braces like Invisalign in Lexington, we are sure you'll enjoy the more transparent appearance of ClearCorrect, with its thinner aligner trays.
Our Lexington dentists prefer ClearCorrect over Invisalign for its reasonable cost, too, and we're sure you will too!
Will ClearCorrect aligners work for me?
We’re glad you asked! At your ClearCorrect consultation in our Lexington dental office, Dr. Davis or Dr. Edens will discuss your lifestyle and goals with you to determine if you’re a good candidate. Here are a few general guidelines:
Commitment – The most important predictor of success with ClearCorrect is your commitment to wearing them for 22 hours a day. That’s one reason why we recommend clear aligners only for adults and responsible older teens.
Orthodontic relapse – ClearCorrect is an excellent choice for fixing teeth that have moved after prior orthodontic treatment.
Mild-to-moderate crowding, gaps, or overbite – Clear aligners can treat overlapped, crooked, or gapped teeth along with overbites and overjets.
If you have any of these conditions, we may recommend another orthodontic treatment: Multiple missing teeth on a single arch, periodontal disease, unerupted second molars, poor oral hygiene, severe bruxism, or complex orthodontic cases.
What is the ClearCorrect process?
The ClearCorrect process starts with an evaluation by Dr. Davis or Dr. Edens. If you are a good candidate, they will take photos and x-rays and use digital impressions to capture the shape of your teeth. We send this information to the ClearCorrect lab right here in the U.S.
ClearCorrect technicians create an exact 3-D model of your teeth. Then, they map out a treatment plan that shows the gradual movement that will reposition your teeth according to the doctors’ prescription.
You will receive a series of aligners that you will wear daily for two to three weeks. You stay motivated throughout treatment, because every time you change to the next set of aligners in the series, you will notice the difference as your teeth gradually move into the desired position.
We will schedule periodic checkups at our Lexington, KY dental office so our doctors can check your progress.
The length of treatment depends on your specific needs, but we can usually complete ClearCorrect treatment in one to two years. During the planning stage, our doctors will be able to give you an estimate of how long your treatment will last.
Why should I straighten my crooked teeth?
While many people straighten their teeth to improve their smile, there are also important oral health benefits to fixing crooked teeth:
- It’s more difficult to keep bacteria out of crevices between overlapped or crooked teeth, increasing your risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- A misaligned bite can cause uneven wear on your teeth and jaw discomfort.
- Food between teeth gaps may be difficult to remove, resulting in compacted areas of bacteria.
How comfortable are clear braces?
It goes without saying that ClearCorrect aligners are much more comfortable than metal braces. But here are a few more things you may be curious about:
- ClearCorrect invisible braces are made of smooth plastic, so they will not irritate your gums or soft tissues in any way.
- The customized trays fit snugly over your teeth and place light pressure on your teeth to gradually straighten them. The more consistently you wear your aligners, the more comfortable they’ll be!
- You may feel some sensitivity for the first few days after starting a new aligner step.
What are ClearCorrect aligners made of?
Your customized, environmentally friendly clear aligners use the latest materials and digital technologies available in orthodontic treatment. ClearCorrect aligners are made without BPA or phthalates and have been approved by the FDA. Unlike Invisalign, ClearCorrect aligners are manufactured right here in the U.S. If you're interested in learning more about clear braces from your Lexington dentist, contact us to set up an appointment!
How long does treatment take with ClearCorrect?
Treatment with ClearCorrect aligners varies, depending on the complexity of your case. Most patients with mild misalignments take one to two years. More advanced cases may require 15 to 18 months.
When you visit Garden Springs Dental for an evaluation, Dr. Davis or Dr. Edens will give you a comprehensive treatment plan that includes an estimated time for completion. If needed, we may recommend ClearCorrect in conjunction with another orthodontic technique or dental treatment.
If you would like more information about how ClearCorrect can upgrade your smile, call our Lexington, KY dental office for a ClearCorrect consultation.
Will I need to wear a retainer after invisible braces?
At Garden Springs Dental, we know you want the best possible smile from your investment. An important part of your ClearCorrect treatment plan includes wearing a retainer after completing the orthodontic steps involved.
Without wearing a retainer after treatment, your teeth may not stay in their new positions. Your teeth need to solidify in the bone over time to ensure they don’t move back.
But don’t worry! Your retainer will be just as discreet as your clear aligners. You’ll need to wear it frequently in the beginning, but over time you can likely switch to night time use only. Our Lexington dentists can go over options with you.
Schedule Your ClearCorrect Consultation
We choose ClearCorrect for our patients because we have found that it is an efficient and comfortable treatment option for overbites, underbites, and crowded or crooked teeth. If you are thinking about orthodontic treatment, please contact Garden Springs Dental. We will be happy to arrange a convenient consultation with one of our doctors.